INTERPRETATION FOR THE DEAF
1. The contestant is to sign and speak his introduction.
2. The contestant is to provide a Bible story and present it, in two minutes, as it would be signed to the deaf.
a. Three (3) copies of the story script must be presented to the judges at the time of the performance.
b. The script must be typed and double-spaced.
c. The script must be written in story form as it is spoken.
d. The Bible story must be spoken as it is signed to the judges.
e. The story is to be memorized.
f. The story should not be signed “word for word” but as it would be signed for the deaf. (American Sign Language is preferred, but contestants may use Exact English.)
3. The contestant interprets a song and a short message. This is on the enclosed CD and will be administered by the Chief Judge.
4. The Chief Judge will sign the following Scripture verse to the contestant who will interpret verbally to the judge.
5. The time limit is six (6) minutes maximum for the total competition, including introduction. If competition piece exceeds the six minute time limit, the contestant will receive a .5 deduction for any portion of 30 second increments.
NON PERFORMANCE EVENT
• PACE’s must be accomplished after the last year’s NSC deadline September 15, 2017 and before September 14, 2018.
• This category will be included in the list of early submissions and is due on September 21, 2018.
• Only work accomplished in PACE’s will count. No mini-classes.
• PACE work must be on high school level beginning at 1097.
• Gaps may be included ONLY if on high school level.
• PACE’s included must be official curriculum of ACE Ministries/SOT and/or Filipino language, Philippine History, Asian History and Philippine Economics. Successful Living is NOT included.
• ACE training PACE’s may be included in this award. Certification must come from the School of Tomorrow School Services/Training Division office.
• BLESS training may count towards the Over 100 PACE award. The BLESS training includes eight (8) Paces (referred to as modules). The training must be certified through the BLESS office.
• Legible copies of the appropriate Supervisor’s Progress Cards with dates of tests taken must be submitted along with application (CF23) signed by the principal/pastor.
• This category will earn a 1st place award.
• Only one entry per school, per event is allowed.
• Females participating in ANY athletic event are REQUIRED to wear CULOTTES.
NO CULOTTES = NO COMPETITION.
• Only one (1) piano will be used for the Duet Piano event.